I recently had to get another phone, well an additional phone. I still have the iPhone for personal use but needed something for work so I opted for a Samsung Galaxy S4. Before I get on to the irritating fact I had to set up my voicemail and could not find any instructions to do this, there was nothing wrong with my iPhone.
What was annoying about setting up the voicemail was the lack of information. There was nothing in the quick start guide, handbook or online manual. I Googled it and there were some helpful people who had written about it but nothing obvious from 02.
First up I had to activate the voicemail otherwise callers couldn’t leave a message. All I had to do was call 1750 from the phone and follow the prompts.
Now that was done I set it up so that I could just hold down the 1 on the keypad or access my voicemail from the notifications.
To set it up make sure you are in the phone app.
1. Tap on the menu and select Call settings.
2. Scroll down to Voicemail settings and tap on it.
3. Then tap on Voicemail number.
4. Input the voicemail number, for O2 it is 901. Then tap on OK.
5. Tap the back button until you are back on the screen you want.
That’s it. For other carriers they will probably have a different voicemail number so check with them.